Chania is an ideal destination for all seasons of the year. Thanks to the temperate climate and the unique geographic relief, Chania keep attracting visitors not only during the tourist season, in the summer. Below you will find 6 reasons why Chania is an unsurpassed setting for winter holidays and we challenge you to explore them.
• Winter is a fantastic time to visit the most popular places of the prefecture, which are full of visitors in the summer. You can be alone in Balos or Elafonissi!
• Museums are open, without a lot of people, with the exception of occasional school group visits.
• Beaches are deserted. On sunny days you will be able to sunbathe and take a short dip in the sea if you are not afraid of the cold water.
• Mountain and Sea: Chania is one of the few places where you can take a walk in the snowy mountains in the morning (if you are lucky) and watch the wild waves at the beach in the afternoon.
•Perhaps the best season to rent a car. At this time of the year, prices are considerably low, so if the weather is not good you can visit the surrounding villages with your car and taste the traditional Cretan cuisine and of course a shot of tsikoudia.
• Renting a villa for your stay, is an excellent choice during winter time. Villa Dimi is a luxurious, stone built villa in Kalathas area, in Chania. Its unique style, modern and spacious rooms as well as its luxury furnishings and equipment make it the best choice for a family or a big company of friends who want to spend beautiful holidays in Chania. Another amazing choice is Villa Anton, situated in the same area. Its best feature is the luxurious interior and exterior design. A private swimming pool, spacious outdoor spaces and unobstructed sea view offer unforgettable holidays.